58th Edition of Salone del Mobile Milano | 9-14 April 2019
Our General Manager, Mr. Coke Chew was pleased to be present at the Milan Furniture Fair which showcase cutting-edge innovations and powerful design that has always mixed business with culture, shaping the history of design and furnishing yesterday, today and tomorrow. The show details as follow
- International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition boasting more than 1,300 exhibitors. It is divided into three core themes which are “Classic Furnishing Accessories” (pavilion 2), “Design Furnishing Accessories” (pavilions 5-6-7-8-10-12-14-16-18-20) allowing the best knowledge of design trends, and xLuz (pavilions 1-3-4).
- Euroluce (International Biennial Lighting Exhibition), featuring a focus on adaptive intelligence of light for men’s use
- Workplace3.0/SaloneUfficio (International Biennial Workspace Exhibition), featuring a mix between work and office solutions with furnishing designed for recreational moments. Any creation on exhibit was crafted with the aim of providing new smart office solutions to allow a new, anthropocentric approach to design.
- SaloneSatellite, dedicated to young, emerging designers and serves as a launch pad into the world of design. This year it features a focus on today’s food revolution with the project “Food as a Design Object”
- S.Project (pavilion 22-24) with the DE-SIGNO installation (see below)
On the occasion of the celebrations for the 500th anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death, the Salone opens the way to a vast array of national events. In particular, the S-project is home to an immersive installation, located at pavilion no. 24, called DE-SIGNO to Leonardo. It celebrates the legacy that he left to the culture of design and savoir faire; a powerful rendition of the story of the Renaissance genius, and his relationship with contemporary Italian design.
We have learned and gained so much knowledge from this visit which our up coming products if what you are looking for.